Friday 1 April 2011

Welcome to More Time

1 April 2011 marks the start of a new stage in my life when, for a while at least, I am likely to have alot more time on my hands. I am one of the many public sector workers made redundant recently. When weighing up the pros and cons of volunteering for redundancy and thinking about what I would do next with my life, I knew it would not be easy to get another job straightaway in the current economic climate and I put alot of thought into deciding what I would do in the meantime. I want to make good use of my time but as I do not have alot of spare cash I am keen to find interesting things to do in London which are free or very low-cost. Given there are likely to be lots of other people in a similar situation at the moment, I thought it would be good to share information on the activities I find as well as a few reflections on this new stage in my life. Creating a blog will also allow me to learn new skills (my only previous experience of blogging is as a reader) and to improve existing ones - I would like writing to form some part of my future career.

No comments:

Post a Comment